Chad Myers, Chef
Spring is here. The snow is gone, and green grass is on its way. The Spring/Summer menu change starts on April 11, so be on the lookout for a few new items, as well as all of the favorites. It will take a rotation or two, but anything that doesn’t work out, I will be sure to tweak to make sure that everything is enjoyed to the fullest. I hope you all have a wonderful Easter. I am planning on a traditional Easter dinner with Baked Ham and all of the fixings.
Regardless of whether you have had the vaccine, I’m sure that sitting around with family enjoying the beautiful weather is a must. If you are looking for a great recipe for a drink, enjoy this sangria, it’s one of my favorites.
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 3 ½ cups peach nectar
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 bottle of your favorite white wine
- 2 cups Soda water or Sprite
- In a sauce pan, bring sugar and equal parts of water to a simmer, crushing the basil leaves with the back of a spoon to release their flavor. Simmer just long enough to melt the sugar, then remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Strain the basil mixture into a pitcher filled with ice cubes. Pour in wine and remaining ingredients. Stir briefly and serve.