Chad Myers, Chef
We are hitting the summer full swing. Before we know it, we will be talking about the leaves changing and cooler temperatures. But before we get too ahead of ourselves, I just want to say that I hope throughout this Covid-19 pandemic, we have been keeping your bellies full. I hope the food has been hot and tasty. We have had a couple of rotations on the current menu. I have learned a lot about what is working and what is not working, and I promise that as I start planning for the next menu, that I can improve even more on the quality of our food. Be well and Bon Appetit everyone!
As we get close to the fresh corn season, here is a Mexican street corn salad that tastes excellent with some tacos or grilled meat.
- 5 ears of corn, shucked and charred on the grill
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 oz cotija cheese
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- ½ of a jalapeno (seeded and finely diced)
- 1/2 cup cilantro (finely chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- Juice of 2 lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Shuck and grill the corn until the outside is charred. Cut the corn off cob.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mayo, cotija cheese, jalapeno, chili powder, cumin, onion, smoked paprika, lime juice, and garlic.
Stir in the corn and cilantro, and mix until evenly incorporated.
Add salt and pepper, taste, and adjust as needed.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Just before serving, garnish with a sprinkle of smoked paprika.