Kimberly Reeg, RN
Director of Nursing
Do you know at least 6.7 million Americans are living with a chronic wound? This included pressures ulcers, diabetic foot ulcers, complications with venous stasis/arterial ulcers, and non-healing surgical wounds.
- 1 in 4 families has a family member with a chronic wound.
- 25% of people living with diabetes will experience a foot ulcer.
- 82% of non-traumatic amputations are the results of vascular disease.
- 50% of people will die within 5 years of amputation.
- Annually, chronic wounds have a $50 Billion impact on the health care system.
Mill Valley Care Center is partnered with Finley Wound Clinic in Dubuque, Iowa in providing the best care possible to your loved ones. Our goal is prevention, early identification, and early treatment. When needed, a specialized wound nurse is available weekly at our facility to assess and treat residents wound needs.
For more information please contact Finley Hospital Wound and Hyperbaric Center at 563-557 2701 to see how they can help you or your loved one. Remember, you don’t have to live with a chronic wound.