Chad Myers, Chef
Mushroom and Asparagus Flatbread
Get some Flatbreads or Pita Bread. Make a Mushroom Duxelle Cream cheese, and spread on the flatbread. (recipe to follow). Sprinkle on some chopped fresh asparagus and top with mozzarella cheese. Bake in a 450°F oven for about 7-8 minutes till cheese is melted and flatbread is crispy. Cut the flatbread and top the pieces with some watercress, a drizzle of olive oil, and some fresh grated lemon zest.
Chef’s Note: If you don’t have any watercress, arugula is a good substitute.
It still has that peppery bite that watercress has.
Mushroom Duxelle Cream Cheese
- ½ lb chopped shitake mushrooms
- ¼ lb chopped morel mushrooms
- ½ lb chopped portabella mushrooms
- ¼ cup minced shallot or red onion
- 2 each garlic clove minced
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme chopped
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary chopped
- ¼ cup truffle oil
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Use oil to sauté mushrooms, garlic and shallot without burning the garlic.
Add chopped herbs.
- Cream 2 # cream cheese and 1 cup parmesan with paddle attachment.
- Chop mushroom mix in food processor until minced. Add salt and pepper to taste, as well as, a bit of truffle oil if needed.
- Add mixture to cream cheese.