Ealana’s Recipe Pic of the Month
These grilled kebabs have all the makings of a classic fajita seasoned chicken, onions and peppers. Warm a stack of tortillas in a foil packet on the side of the grill to turn the kebabs into an easy fajita dinner. Or serve with lime-and-cilantro coleslaw for a grain-free alternative.
Chicken Fajita Kebabs
- 1 large clove garlic, grated.
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar.
- 1 tablespoon fajita seasoning or Mexican seasoning.
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil.
- ½ tsp salt.
- 12 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into large bite-size chunks.
- 2 bell peppers, any color, cut into large bite-size chunks.
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into large bite-size chunks.
- Whisk garlic, vinegar, fajita (or Mexican) seasoning, oil and salt in a small bowl. Divide the marinade between two large sealable plastic bags. Add chicken to one, and peppers and onion to the other. Agitate to combine, seal and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 2 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Drain the chicken, discarding marinade. Thread the marinated chicken onto 4 skewers. Thread the peppers and onion alternately onto 4 skewers.
- Oil the grill rack (see Tip) and immediately add the kebabs. Cook the vegetable kebabs, turning every 1 to 2 minutes, until the vegetables are tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Cook the chicken kebabs, turning every 3 to 5 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and browned, 8 to 11 minutes.
- Serve 1 chicken kebab and 1 vegetable kebab per person.