Ealana’s Recipe Pic of the Month
This is THE BEST chocolate zucchini cake recipe I have found full of nutritious ingredients, without the typical white sugar. It is extremely moist and full of chocolate goodness. Enjoy!
Chocolate Zucchini Cake with Frosting
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup raw unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup fresh zucchini, shredded
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 Tbsps raw honey
- 3 Tbsps pure maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
Chocolate Frosting Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups high-quality dark chocolate chips
- 3/4 cups coconut cream (open can and skim off the top cream for this use, throw the rest in a smoothie later!)
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees f. Spray two 6 inch cake pans with coconut spray.
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk dry ingredients together well.
- In another bowl, combine shredded zucchini, almond milk, honey, maple syrup, coconut oil, egg, and vanilla extract. Whisk until well combined.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until combined, don't over mix.
- Divide batter between the two 6 inch pans. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10-15 minutes, carefully remove from pans and cool cakes completely on wire rack.
- In a saucepan, melt chocolate chips and coconut cream together, mixing well until combined.
- Remove from heat, and immediately add 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract into your frosting mixing well.
- Allow frosting to sit on the counter for an hour or two until cool and thick.