Hi! My name is Jill Huling, the new Dietary Supervisor here at Mill Valley Care Center. I grew up in Spragueville, Iowa in our family restaurant learning the ins and outs of food service from my amazing, successful parents starting at a young age. I attended Preston Community Schools and had the opportunity to continue to work in the family business after high school by Managing the Goose Lake C Store / Millennium Ballroom. In 2004, I gave birth to twin boys, taking some time away to be a stay-at-home mom. In 2016, I opened and managed Some Budde’s Bar and Grill in Preston and then continued to serve our community as Head Cook at Andrew Community Schools before joining Mill Valley. Food is my passion and putting a smile on people’s faces with my ‘creations’ is my ultimate goal. My hobbies include camping, kayaking, boating, running and cheering on my boys in sports. I am super excited to be part of this amazing team and look forward to serve your/our loved ones.
Here is a recipe for a sweet summer time treat.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 5/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Select fruit toppings of choice
(strawberries, blueberries, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and 3/4 cup sugar until smooth.
Mix in egg. Combine the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt;
stir into the creamed mixture until just blended.
Press dough into an ungreased pizza pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes, or until lightly brown. Cool.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with 1/2 cup sugar and vanilla until light.
Spread on cooled crust.
- Arrange desired fruit on top of filling, and chill.