Chad Myers, Chef
We made it through January. Mother nature has been pretty kind to us, but I’m sure we shall feel the wrath sometime soon from her.
We have some pretty fun food activities planned for February, be sure to get involved and let the culinary staff give you a little extra taste bud love!
- Happy Hour – Friday, February 7.
- Birthday Lunch – Wednesday, February 12 @ noon.
- Valentine’s Day Family Dinner – Friday, February 14 @ noon. Invite up to 2 family members to come in and eat a special menu with you. Please RSVP by February 11, so that we can plan properly. Cost is only $8.00 per person.
- President’s Day & National Cherry Pie Month – Monday, February 17th @ 2 pm. Enjoy a slice of Cherry Pie to celebrate Presidents of the past.
- National Fondue Month – Tuesday, February 18th @ 2pm. Enjoy a spread of options to dip in some fondue.
- Breakfast in the Villa – Tuesday, February 18th @ 8:45 am.
- Fat Tuesday – Tuesday, February 25th at 2pm. Enjoy a Mardi Gras Themed event with New Orleans style treats and some Jazz music.
Valentine’s Day Menu
Surf & Turf
Celery Root Puree
Charred Onion/Herb Pesto
Flourless Chocolate Torte
with sweetened sour cream
In January we had a Chili Cookoff. The Winning Chili was submitted by our Administrator, Jim Harkness. It will be on the menu in the future for everyone to enjoy, but just in case you miss it, the recipe is as follows:
By Jim Harkness
- 1 large onion.
- 3 stalks of diced celery.
- 1 diced green pepper.
- 2 lbs. of ground meat. (beef, pork or combination).
- 1 can of V-8 Juice.
- 1 large can of Tomato Soup.
- 4 cans of Beans (any kind you like).
- 1 tsp of garlic.
- salt, pepper, and chili powder.
- Sauté 1 large onion, 3 stalks of diced celery, and 1 diced green pepper.
- Add 2 lbs. of ground meat. (beef, pork or combination). Cook until browned.
- Add 1 can of V-8 Juice, 1 large can of Tomato Soup, 4 cans of Beans (any kind you like).
- Add 1 tsp of garlic. Season to your taste with salt, pepper, and chili powder.
- Simmer low and slow to your heart’s content.